The Central Library
BAJKUL MILANI MAHAVIDYALAYA CENTRAL LIBRARY
P.O: KISMAT BAJKUL, DIST: PURBA MEDINIPUR, 721655.
Bajkul Milani Mahavidyalaya Library was started along with the establishment of the College in the year 1964 under Calcutta University. After 1996 more academic departments were started and gradually needs of the users were increased and the Library began to grow up to keep pace with the growing academic needs of the students, teacher and non-teaching employees. The library system is at present being converted to IT based one with the help of SOUL, a software designed by INFLIBNET. Our ultimate aim is to provide the right document/information to the right user at the right time with help of modern technology as well as human touch. The Central Library has a total area of 4000sq.ft.with more than 28000 books
The Library Hours of the Central Library are as follows;
Monday to Friday: 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
Saturday:10:00 AM to 2:00 P.M
The Library reading room as well as circulation section shall remain open on all working days from 10.00 am to 5.00 pm (only up to 2.00 pm on Saturday) except on Sunday and other scheduled national and gazetted holidays of the College.
List of Library Staff:
- Mr. Shyamapada Barman, M.Com., MLISc. Librarian
- Sk.Nasimul Islam, B.A.- Lib. Attendant
- Sri Snehashis Das, H.S.- Lib. Attendant (Casual)
- Sri Sushanta Kr.Maiti, M.A (History)- Lib. Attendant (Casual)
Central Library has a very rich collection of near about 28,000 documents. Books on all subjects, which are taught here, are available in the library.
Reference Books - There is a collection of conventional reference books like dictionary, encyclopedia, handbook, manual, Mythology, Great Book, Yearbook for ready reference and general information and books on career counseling
Journals; - The Central Library subscribes to around seventeen journals of different subjects; current journals are displayed in the journal rack. A few back issues are in the bound from.
E-Document - In spite of having different types of books there are non-book materials like Audio Cassette (59) and CDs (481)
Library General Rules.
- i) While in the central Library, all persons shall observe basic and elementary principle of library ethics, obey the rule and procedures of the library and submit to discipline enforced by the librarian.
- ii) Every member of the library must be prepared to establish his/her identity when requested.
- iii) Reader shall maintain perfect order and silence in the library.
- iv) Making noise, smoking, sleeping, gossiping and doing anything else which may disturb other readers or go against the discipline of the library are strictly prohibited.
- v) While entering in the library circulation center/stack room, all personal effects such as brief case, portfolios, bags, umbrellas, flat file, file covers, etc. and books not belonging to this library, books borrowed from this library but not meant to be returned to the library at that time, shall be deposited or kept at the specified shelves at check counter.
- vi) While taking any library material out of it, necessary ‘Gate Pass’ must be produced at the checkpoint near the exit.
- vii) Books taken from the open shelves should not be replaced after they have been consulted but be left on the reading table.
- viii) Reading materials should not be taken out from the reading room for Xerox, consultation or for any other purpose without prior permission.
- ix) When the readers have any complaint about library services provided by the library, they should not argue with the library staff. Instead they are advised to bring it to the notice of the Librarian.
- x) The library personnel are authorized to search a person (in presence of any senior library staff) if the former suspect that the latter is carrying any unauthorized document from the library.
- xi) Admission may be refused to any one who has violated the library Rules and regulations.
- xii) The library rules framed above may altered or amended and new rules may be added to the existing ones by the Library Committee and all these rules shall be effective for and binding on all concerned.
- xiii) All borrowed books from the central library will have to be returned once a year at a time decided by the librarian for stock verification.
- xiv) An orientation programme on library rules & regulations and various types of services and facilities available to the students will be organized at the beginning of each session.